Research in Learning Technology is the journal of the Association for Learning Technology (ALT). The journal publishes papers concerning the use of technology in learning and teaching in all sectors of education, as well as in industry.
Learning technology is the broad range of communication, information and related technologies that can be used to support learning, teaching, and assessment. Potential subjects for submission include:
- evaluative studies of technology use in learning and teaching;
- studies of the impact of technologies on the efficiency and effectiveness of provision;
- studies of innovations in the area of learning technology, and their dissemination and uptake;
- critical assessment of the theory and practice of technology-enhanced learning across cultures and nationalities;
- analysis of the staff and learner competencies, roles and skills necessary for effective learning;
- theoretical debate on and analysis of the relationships between learning, teaching and technology;
- analyses of policy and strategy at institutional, regional, sectoral, national and international levels.